Daisy had the flu these past few days and I have some fun stories to share. If you have a queasy stomach, do not read on!
Monday was quite the day! I'll just tell you that I am tired of the smell of vomit. One incident happened quite early and I will never forget it. Daisy had just thrown up on the kitchen floor and Slade came running to me telling me that a big poo poo was coming. He still needs help with that and if you don't hurry, you'll be sorry, so I threw a towel on the vomit and rushed Slade to the toilet. I told him to tell me when he was done and went back to clean up Daisy. He called for me, and right as I walked into the bathroom, he was climbing off the toilet and his foot slipped and went straight into the water and onto his poop! I threw him in the tub, trying not to throw up myself. Meanwhile, poor Daisy was crying in the kitchen still covered with vomit.
I thought that by Wednesday, Daisy would be all better and back to her happy self. Well, she was, except for the fact that she still has diarhea. The first thing of the morning was me on the phone asking my mom what would get green poop out of the carpet?!? She was standing up, pooped, and it ran down her leg onto the floor. I didn't notice it was on her leg or the floor until after I picked her up. Now my great room smells like white vinegar. Later, she had another horrible diaper but this time it only leaked out of the front of the diaper so it only soiled her onesie. I had her on the changing table and while I reached down for another diaper, she started pooping again! This time it shot across the room hitting the curtains and the carpet and the laundry hamper. By the way, this is in Slade's room. It now smells like vinegar as well. I am so ready for Skylar to be home and take care of anymore accidents! Watch, once he gets home, the kids will be angels and there won't be anymore accidents. It always happens that way, doesn't it?
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Motherhood...what your mother didn't tell you
Posted by Stock Family at 4:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am glad that the only thing I have had to clean up is a runny nose.
By the way, I do the vinigar thing too. It really works for all spots.
My sister in law has had to clean up poop from all over her kids cribs before. They take their diapers off during a nap and wipe it everywhere. How horrible.
wow! that sounds like so much fun! i'm so bummed i won't be experiencing those fun moments for a long time! i really feel bad that you had to do that all on your own and that skylar wasn't there to experience it. well i'm excited to see ya guys in a two weeks. adios!
Kari! LOL wow it sounds like you are getting the bulk of motherhood right now! I hope your kiddos are feeling better. I went and saw Brittney today & it was so fun! We need to get together!
Wow Kari! What a memory. My mom and Katie were telling me the story (they read it first) over dinner and we were all just laughing so hard. What a woman you are. :-)
Hi Kari! I finally checked out your blog. your family is very cute. I'll have to email you an invite to mine. Oh, I need your email though, email me at thebetheas@cox.net and I'll send you an invite! It is not fun to have sick kids, sorry you've had a rough time. Husbands miss all the fun, don't they? Projectile diarrhea is a blast.
Post a Comment