My sister, Kayci, and I took the kids to the Creepy Crawlers Zoo at the Queen Creek Performing Arts Center yesterday. We didn't know what to expect, but I had read that the kids would be able to hold bugs, and Slade is very much into holding bugs right now, so we tried it out! Slade was the only kid to stand up, turn around, wave and say, "Hi Mom! What are you doing?!?"
They had all the kids up on the stage while the guy told them how to and how not to hold the bugs.
Slade holding a Stick Bug. Those things are hard to see!
AAHHH!! A Hissing Cockroach!! That is the one he really wanted to hold, but the parents had to take the bugs out of the cages for the young ones, and I WAS NOT about to touch that thing, so I asked another mom to do it for me!!
A Stink Beetle! He really liked that bug too and asked me to buy him one!
He is petting a millipede! Those suckers were huge! He started crying because I wouldn't pick one up for him, but they had all of those legs!! I am NOT a bug person! If anyone knows me, they know that! I figured they would have people helping the kids hold the bugs, but no! So, I told him to pet it instead, and he seemed okay with that. A lot of moms were nervous to pick them up too. Too bad Skylar was working, or else I would have sent him with Slade and they would have had more fun holding bugs together. All in all, it was fun! Slade didn't want to leave and talked about me buying him a bug the whole rest of the day!
4 comments:
Oh man you are a brave woman to even take him there. I probably would have screamed just seeing Brayton or anyone else holding them! I HATE bugs too. I seriously freak out when I see them. Ok not all the time but most the time:) haha. I am glad you dont like them either.
That is way too cute! He's very lucky to have a mom that would take him to a bug show (good thing you didn't know before hand there was parent involvement)!
In first grade we get to take care of millipedes. I will not hold them either. Gross! Slade has something to look forward to. We love all the kids that will hold the bugs so we don't have to!
that's awesome! what a boy!
Post a Comment