I'm having to do a little bit of catching up with my blogging. Its been a fun past few weeks with a lot of new things. For some reason, the pictures are not wanting to be moved, so they are out of order.
The most exciting news is that my brother, Austin, received his mission call and he will be serving in the New Hampshire, Manchester mission! He reports December 16th and we are so excited for him! His mission covers 5 states and it is in a beautiful area of the country.
I love my Dad's reaction.
This picture goes with one down below... I went to get raspberry jam and almost jumped out of my skin for this is what I found. It happens to be a Javelina skull waiting to be bleached.

Maylee and I watching the rain. I love how blue her eyes are in this picture.

Slade trying to convince Daisy that it is his turn to hold the umbrella.

Daisy enjoying the rain under her umbrella!

Maylee army crawls everywhere now. She gets up on her knees and will crawl a short distance but the army crawl is much faster and satisfies her much more.

Slade loves holding Maylee.

On September 1st, Slade started preschool! He is loving every minute of it and wants to go everyday.

We watched a storm outside one night and two frogs were hopping around in our front yard so Skylar felt the need to catch one and let the kids touch it.

I just love this little girl.

I made a cake to celebrate Slade's first day of preschool.

This goes with the skull picture. Skylar finally dug out the Javelina from the freezer that he killed a couple years ago and did whatever you do to them :) All I know is that I have a skull sitting next to my raspberry jam. He boiled the skull outside (he DID NOT use anything from my kitchen) and that thing stunk horribly! I told him that if there is ever a next time that he needed to do this, he is to do it far, far away from my home. He is growling, or making whatever noise a javelina makes.

The kids enjoy helping Skylar with whatever project he has going on outside.


I finally put Maylee in a real highchair. She has been using the Bumbo because she has been to tiny for the highchair. Even now, she has a hard time getting her arms up over the tray to grab anything. She is however, eating rice cereal and squash now and can drink from a sippy cup!
I put Maylee in the tub with Daisy for the first time and she LOVED all the bubbles!
Maylee and I watching the rain. I love how blue her eyes are in this picture.
Slade trying to convince Daisy that it is his turn to hold the umbrella.
Daisy enjoying the rain under her umbrella!
Maylee army crawls everywhere now. She gets up on her knees and will crawl a short distance but the army crawl is much faster and satisfies her much more.
Slade loves holding Maylee.
On September 1st, Slade started preschool! He is loving every minute of it and wants to go everyday.
We watched a storm outside one night and two frogs were hopping around in our front yard so Skylar felt the need to catch one and let the kids touch it.
I just love this little girl.
I made a cake to celebrate Slade's first day of preschool.
This goes with the skull picture. Skylar finally dug out the Javelina from the freezer that he killed a couple years ago and did whatever you do to them :) All I know is that I have a skull sitting next to my raspberry jam. He boiled the skull outside (he DID NOT use anything from my kitchen) and that thing stunk horribly! I told him that if there is ever a next time that he needed to do this, he is to do it far, far away from my home. He is growling, or making whatever noise a javelina makes.
The kids enjoy helping Skylar with whatever project he has going on outside.
I finally put Maylee in a real highchair. She has been using the Bumbo because she has been to tiny for the highchair. Even now, she has a hard time getting her arms up over the tray to grab anything. She is however, eating rice cereal and squash now and can drink from a sippy cup!
It is crazy to me how fast your life seems to fly by once you have kids. Mine are growing up too fast but it is really fun to see them learn something new or discover something on their own. We sure are enjoying life!
5 comments:
You are such a natural beauty! I love the pic of Slade holding Maylee. Her smile makes me melt. I've always wondered what a javalina was and. well. um. gross. Please tell me you didn't eat that thing!
I am cracking up over the skull boiling thing... seriously you should have broken yourself in by coming over while Ty was doing all his elk, YUCK! I love the picture of you and Maylee, and I have to agree with Katie, you are a natural beauty (a gene you took all of!) Your kids just get cuter and cuter and are always making me laugh.
I'd like to take this opportunity to publically thank the Lord for not giving me a husband that likes gutting wild animals and processing their insides. I can't believe you let him store that Javelina in your freezer for 2 years.
Smart move to pair cute pictures of your kiddos and the javalina... because otherwise - this post would just be plain gross! :) Maylee is so darling! Too bad the days of arranged marriages are over, because I would totally call dibs on her!
Oh my goodness?!?! That Javelina was in your freezer for a couple of years?!?!?! You are a good wife! Your kids are so cute! Seriously, I love Maylee's smile. She is the picture perfect baby! Jake can't wait to see Slade tomorrow at preschool. I love the bribes to get him to sleep!
Post a Comment