Monday, August 27, 2007

Tonto Natural Bridge

On Saturday, Skylar took me and the kids to the Tonto Natural Bridge. It is a beautiful place! This is a picture looking up at the actual waterfall. Those of you who have not been here should take a day trip and go! There are picnic tables and lots of grass, bathrooms, water fountains and 'viewpoints' if you don't want to hike down the trails.

That little blue person is Skylar and Slade hiking to the back of the waterfall. It really is huge!
This is a picture from behind the waterfall. There is a pool of water, but you are not allowed to swim or play in it.


I packed Daisy on my back. I forgot her hat, so I had to cover her with her blanket when we were in the sun. I had her on my front, but the trail is steep and I couldn't see where I was walking so I had to switch her to the back. My ponytail kept hitting her face and she finally just grabbed onto it and held on pretty tight!



Me and Daisy again. I am trying to climb up the rocks to where Skylar is. It was slippery! People probably thought we were crazy packing kids, but oh well!


Our cute little family. Slade thought he was pretty cool sitting back there. He loved it! Skylar wants me to tell all of you that he really doesn't have a gut. His shirt was just 'poofy' from the strap:) I'll admit that I look fat:)


Skylar and Slade. Skylar is not much of a smiler (sp?). Slade takes after his father :)


Me and Daisy again. Yeah, there are a million stairs on all those trails. I was dying! And, I had been working out.... My calfs were sore on Sunday :)




























































4 comments:

dan and ashley said...

how fun! you little adventurous family! we never do stuff like that.. we should go camping together

Brittney said...

oh my gosh you guys are flipping crazy!! I would never do that. I serioulsy would die. Hey more power to ya!!!

The Richins Family said...

wow you are a good sport. aaron loves to hike. i haven't hiked since i was in young womens at girls camp when they make you go on a hike. i don't think i would be as happy as you are. what the heck would i do with my #3 child?? looks beautiful though. well i hope your back wasn't killing you. :)

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Kari,
Hey it's McKinzi (Gissel) Hall. Just found your blog through some others and thought I'd say hi. Your family is so cute and both your babies are adorable! Sounds like you guys are doing great! Keep in touch! Our blog is http://maxnkinz.blogspot.com/