I just received a call from the hospital and was told that the baby's lungs are immature. My doctor was confident that she was ready to be born going off of the cloudiness of the fluid, but apparently she is not. I have mixed emotions right now. I really just want to cry because this whole pregnancy has been such an emotional roller coaster! I don't have much information at this point but was told to call and get an appointment with my doctor as soon as I can.
What frustrates me the most right now is that Daisy was born 6 weeks early and didn't have any issues with breathing, but I will be 36 weeks Wednesday and this baby's lungs are not developed enough. I know she is small and that may be the reason but I am so confused at this point and want to know what is going on with her. I understand that I may not get any answers until she is born and I am being so impatient.
At the same time, I understand the importance of waiting for her to be ready to breath on her own. I want her to be healthy and strong and not dependent on machines. I already love this baby so much and I don't even know her.
I am grateful for all of the support that I have received throughout this pregnancy from family and friends. I appreciate it, thank you! When I find out more, I will let you know!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Amniocentesis Results
Posted by Stock Family at 7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
ugh Kari- this all sounds no fun. so are you having your c section tomorrow or no ? would you hurry & name her already! i feel like your pregnancy FLEW by!
I wanted to see the baby today too! but it's good they could find those things out and that she can continue to get stronger inside of you. Keep us posted and if you need anything or any help with anything call me.
She does need to be ready, but if you get "that feeling" that its time, regardless of what they say- be sure to tell SOMEONE! :)
We can't wait to see baby Ava, Venus, Gretchen, Rose, Dalia, Delia, Gwen, Ivy, Posey!
Wow Kari, that must be so hard! I'm sorry you have to go through the ups and downs. I hope she is born healthy and soon!! And I can't wait to hear her name. :)
AAHH Kari! I am so sorry! I would be such a wreck! Hang in there! Please call me if I can help you with anything! I would be happy to take the kids for you anytime! You and your little baby are in my prayers!
Post a Comment