Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Feelings Today...

Now that I have had time to cry, eat, sleep and somewhat calm down, I wanted to express my feelings about what has been going on.
My emotions that I have been feeling have come from all of the uncertainty regarding the well being of this baby. She isn't growing inside of me like she should be and no one can figure out why.
Also, I have been told several times that she needs to come out, so I had prepared myself mentally several times, only to be told that she isn't coming. (I think I now understand the feeling that those of you feel when you are told a baby is ready to be adopted by you, but it falls through.) It's extremely difficult not to get my hopes up when I am told she will be coming. How can I not?
I have many questions that I want answered but I know that most of them may never be answered. I am grateful for my knowledge of the gospel and understand that things happen on the Lord's time and not mine.
I have a follow up appointment with my doctor tomorrow that we are both anxious for. Instead of having a baby today, I get to go grocery shopping and treat today like any other day. I do, however, get to spend the day with the people I love most.

5 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Honestly, you are one of the most amazing people I know! What an ordeal, but you have the right outlook on everything. You are admired by everyone, I am sure. We're still praying for you, even if it is to keep a smile on your face! Love ya

Kristen said...

Sorry Kari. Karis' lungs weren't ready either and they gave her serfactin after being on the c-pap and she was ok. I am sure your doctor has thought of all that. They never could tell me why my little tiny wouldn't grow either. Just try to remember that when she finally does come, those doctors will know what to do and it may take a little bit to bring her home but in the long run...she will be ok. =)

Tyler and Kendyl said...

Hang in there Kari.. we love you guys and can't wait to see her but we're glad they are taking every precaution. Sorry you are feeling the way you are, I wish there was something I could do for you.

Brian and Ami said...

Kari,

I feel your pain and frustration on a small level - my pregnacy has been one scare after another, but thankfully everything has turned out fine so far. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am just glad to hear that your doctor is keeping such a close eye on you!

Can't wait to see the post when "Baby Girl" finally arrives!

Ami

Katie said...

You are so strong and we are praying for your family. I hope your wait can be peaceful. You have been a great example of faith and strength. I am glad you can be at home with your family too!